Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, March 23, 2015

Stranded by Debby Giusti

My book review today is on the Love Inspired Suspense book, Stranded. This book is another book in her Military Investigations Series. I have really enjoyed this series and this book is excellent. It's well written, action packed and full of adventure. I'm a military brat, I married into the Air Force, my brothers were Navy, my son was Air Force, and my grandson served as a Marine so I love reading books about the military. I enjoyed her characters they were complex broken people who became reconciled with God, I love that.

Coleen Brennan recently lost her sister to a drug overdose, now she is determined to bring the man behind her sister's death to justice. She has arranged to meet with a woman who has evidence that will help her to bring the man down. They meet in a deserted park out in the middle of no where but as Vivian comes to her car a gun shot is heard and Vivian falls into her car wounded. Coleen takes off but soon realizes that a severe storm has moved in. Driving up to an Amish town Vivian directed her to a barn, they just pulled in as a tornado roars through collapsing the barn upon them.

Special Agent Frank Gallagher is staying with his sister trying to recover from an injury and the infection that ravaged his body. His sister lives on the edge of an Amish community and when a tornado destroys most of the community Frank puts his uniform on and goes out to help with the clean-up. Frank finds the lovely Coleen but when he discovers her passenger has been shot he goes into his full investigative mode. As a member of the US Army's Criminal Investigation Division  he doesn't believe this woman's story.

Although attracted to each other both are full of doubts and unable to trust the other. A journey of faith, redemption, and forgiveness. This is a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment