Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, March 27, 2015

Broken Silence by Annslee Urban

My book review today is on the Love Inspired Suspense, Broken Silence. I really enjoyed this book; it is well written, fast paced, and full of faith. I was almost raped when I was fourteen and didn't tell anyone except my friend and her mother who helped my sew my dress back together, I know how devastating a secret like this can be. It was a long time before I went out again. God is so good, He will take that pain away and heal a broken heart.

Amber Talbot suffered a devastating event in college that destroyed her life. She has now become a counselor helping women who have been abused. As leaves she the Safe Harbor Counseling Center and heads for her car she unlocks her car with the key fob but turns away as a gentleman calls her back. She had dropped something out of her bag, as she heads towards him her car blows up. The man who comes to investigate the bombing is the man she had left eleven years ago.

Ex-Navy Seal Police Officer Patrick Wiley is shocked to see his one time fiancee` standing in all the rubble and debris. Her leaving without a reason still haunts him. As he becomes her protection detail it becomes obvious that who ever is after her has something to do with their past. He is shocked to learn of her secret and how she didn't trust him enough to tell him.

A great story of two people struggling against their past and trying to find trust in each other and in God. A journey of distrust, forgiveness, and restitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment