Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Saturday, March 31, 2012

God's Names

In Inspirational Messages on Thursday, Lynn talked about Jehovah Shammah, our ever present one. God has many names but this is one of the best because it means He is always with us. I think it awesome that He reassured us of His presence by giving us this name. He has given us a name for him for any situation.

My favorite name is Jehovah Isshe, My husband. How cool is that. "My maker is my husband the Lord of Host is His name, my Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." This name and this scripture in Isaiah lets me no He loves the widows and the divorced and He will always be there for me. That is such a comfort to me as I travel my road in what most people would see as loneliness but is actually in total peace and love.

How about you? What is you favorite Name for God? The names of God is a great subject to study. Find out just who God really is and grab on to the name that touches your heart and hold on for dear life. 

2 comments:

  1. I did a study of God's names several years ago...still one of my favorites. My favorite name is Jehovah-Mekeddeshem meaning, The Lord who sanctifies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I love knowing someone actually reads my work. His sanctifying us is such a great blessing. God is so good to us.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete