Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, March 16, 2012

Thank you Lord

Have you given thanks to God lately? Given thanks is so important to be able to hear God's voice because, like praise and worship, it is something God responds to. It's something God loves, something that warms His heart. Anytime we give God pleasure like that, our intimacy with Him increases--and makes for a better relationship with Him.

If we aren't thankful for what we have, why would He give us something else to complain about? When God sees that we are thankful and appreciate what He gives us, even the little things, He will be more willing to bless us. Aren't we like that? If I give my children everything they ask for then they stop appreciating what they have, what I give them, and even me. I see this in a lot of the kids today. They just expect to have everything they want, they don't care about where it comes from or who gives it.

I don't know about you but I don't want to be that way to God. If all you have tomorrow is what you thank God for today, would you have anything?  

1 comment:

  1. Glenda:
    We need to practice giving thanks each day. We should start doing this when we open our eyes in the morning. Each of us has many reasons to thank God.

    ReplyDelete