Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, March 23, 2012

Just Returned

I just returned from a family funeral, not my family but my son-in-law's. His Aunt Dorthy just passed away. She was ninety-three years old. She lived out on a ranch in the Sandhills. She was a great lady. She and her husband accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior in 1964 together. Isn't that awesome? One of her granddaughter got up and told several stories about her grandmother and ended telling how her grandmother shared her faith with all of them and how it had changed their lives. How sweet, it reminds me of the Psalms 31 woman "her children rise up and call her blessed."

The funeral was a joy filled home going, giving thanks and praise to God. The pastor is a cowboy poet and singer and he sang "Peace in the Valley" and "Amazing Grace". He had a wonderful message and then aksed everyone to pray with him.

How about you? Is Jesus your Lord and Savior? If you died today, do you know where you would go? I would love to pray with you. Just leave me your name or phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment