Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Look Inside

My post today I am taking from my Joyce Meyer's Devotional. It is today's devotion and is titled There's a Treasure Within You.'We possess this precious treasure in vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves.' 2 Corinthians 4:7

"More than anything, I want to clearly hear God's voice and be aware of His abiding, presence all the time. I have written previously about many years when I believed in Jesus Christ as my Savior, but did not enjoy close fellowship with God. I felt I was always reaching for Him and falling short of that goal. One day, as I stood before the mirror combing my hair, I asked Him a simple question: 'God, why do I consistently feel as though I am reaching out for You and coming up short of finding You." Immediately, I heard these words in my heart: 'Joyce, you are reaching out and you need to be reaching in.' Let me explain: God's Word says that He lives in us, but some people find this truth difficult to understand. The verse today explains that we have the treasure of God's presence within us: but many who believe in Jesus never experience the joy of His presence or of continual fellowship with Him."

I don't know about you but I thought that was really an anointed teaching. We do tend to see God as way out there and that we are unable to get a hold of Him when we need Him. I hope this teaching has helped you. Do you know God this way or do you seek Him out there someplace? In His presence is fullness of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment