Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Talk to God

Today I was reading my devotion by Joyce Meyer, it really spoke to me so I'm going to share it with you. "The scripture is in 2 Chronicles 20: 6 'O Lord, God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven? And do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations? In Your hand are power and might, so that none is able to withstand You.'
When King Jehoshaphat had a problem, he went to the Lord. But he didn't go to the Lord and just talk about his problem; he went to the Lord and talked about Who He is. Instead of simply talking to God about our problems, we also need to talk to Him about Himself. We need to talk to Him about how wonderful He is, how good He has been to us, what He has done in the past, and what we know He is able to do because of His greatness. After we have praised and worshiped Him in this way, then we can talk about the problem."

Isn't that great? It really spoke to me. I know I have friends and relatives who only talk to me when they want something or are in need. They say they love me but I don't really see that. Those same people are no where to be found when I need something. I don't want to be like that with God. My pastor has a phrase that he uses sometimes. "Give me, give me, give me, my name is Jimmy" He is trying to be funny but unfortunately that is the way a lot of Christians pray. "I want, I need, I have to have!" God wants us to have those things but first He wants us to seek Him, to love Him, and to thank Him for what He has already done. He wants us to crawl up in His lap and hug Him. That's what He want and that is what He needs. Let's put God needs ahead of our own today and just love on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment