Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, January 27, 2012

Wisdom

'Happy is the man who finds skillful and Godly Wisdom,  and the man who gets understanding.' Proverbs 3:13
One of my favorite ways to hear from God is in Wisdom and common sense. When i first was Spirit filled a man from my prayer group told me God was giving me the gift of wisdom. I really didn't understand what that meant way back then but I have sought wisdom ever since.

Mike Murdock has a ministry that is based on wisdom and I have followed him for years. Wisdom discerns truth in situations while common sense provides good judgement regarding what to do with that truth. Wisdom is a supernatural gift, it can't be taught by men. It is only given by the Spirit of God.

Many highly intelligent people lack wisdom and common sense. The Bible says 'if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without  reproach, and it will be given him.' James 1:5. In Proverbs 4:5 it says, 'Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her and she will keep you. Wisdom is the principle thing; therefor get wisdom.

I am not saying I always walk in wisdom but I do strive to. In this time of economic decline and fear, wisdom will keep you in all of God ways. We are not of this world but we are of the kingdom of heaven. God's wisdom will show us how to move through this earthly world without all the pit falls. How about you guys?
Do you seek wisdom? Do you hold wisdom in high regard? I would love to hear form you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment