Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, January 6, 2012

Hopeless

Do you like my new look? I'm trying to make it look more professional, what do you think? I'm having fun learning about to get things done. Now back to my topic today.

A few days ago my son-in-law got a call that his great niece had committed suicide. It was was devastating to his family, especially his mother. In the last six months they lost her brother Rannie to an overdose, (no one will ever know if it was on purpose or not) he was only in his early forties, and her father, he died of natural cases. So this was devastating.

I was reading on my facebook page yesterday and read a post from one of the kids I use to work with. He asked if he hung himself would anyone even notice or cafe. I broke my heart. My daughter died last May and I had gone through the threat of suicide for years with her bipolar disease. Suicide is not the answer to anyone's problems, in fact it is just the beginning of one real torture. What makes people believe that it will help them? I don't get it. Don't they see what it does to the family they leave behind?

The Bible talks about the last days and how men's hearts will fail them. We live in a time of fear and hopelessness like no other time in history but there is hope. Jesus Christ came to this world as a tiny helpless baby. He came not to live but to die for you and for me. There is nothing that you can do that is so great that He will not forgive you, NOTHING. He came because He loves us and wants to have a relationship with us. He made a way to be our brother, that we might be a part of His family. How awesome is that.

I know times seem to be hard right now and I know that they will get worse for a lot of people. God is in control and His mercies are new every morning. Get to know Him, He is an interesting guy.

Don't give up the fight, we are in a war and we are going to win. Put on the armor of God, the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, grid your loins with truth, shod your feet with the preparation of peace, pick up the shield of faith, and grab the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, and let's go out there and win this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment