Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Be still

Over the last few years my main answer from God has bee this verse. Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted over all the earth!" We have talked about hearing from God, but it can be very frustrating when this is all you hear, My main hope is believing I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

Sometimes our prayers are us talking and God listening. We get so caught up in our needs, our wants, and our desires that we pour out our petitions day after day. Polls show that very few people take anytime to even pray. Maybe a quick prayer in our beds as we drift off to sleep. Then there are those bottom of the pit prayers when we need God to get us out of some horrible mess that we got ourselves into. How about those prayers for someone who is sick or dying?

We expect God to step in and fix everything and make it better but when was the last time you just sat down and had a cup of coffee with him. I am a coffee drinker and one of my greatest pleasures is to sit and have a cup of coffee with a close friend. I admit I am talking to myself as well as you. I don't sit and have conversation with God like I should but I do try. I love to hear his voice.

I know that if we took the time to listen we might not end up in the pit. If we listen we might miss the horrible car accident the devil has planned for me today. If I listen and start exercising and eating properly I might find that I am sixty six years old and not having any physical health issues. That I am strong and mighty in the Lord. How about you? Do you have a few minutes today to sit down and have a cup of coffee and visit with the Lord? Remember a conversation is a two way street. God Bless you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment