Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, September 30, 2011

My First Book

Several years ago God spoke to me in the middle of the night. He told me to write a book. I told Him I didn't know how to do that. He told me to write a book. That was all He told me. I was sure it was from satan himself
I had tried to write as a teen and had been stumped after the second chapter. I had once written my testimony for I do have an awesome testimony. I had a friend edit the book but I didn't know what to do with it after that. I thought maybe I just wrote the  book for her. I carried it around for years but eventually I lost it. It didn't really matter no one wanted to hear it any way. It makes a difference if you become someone special but that wasn't me. I had a great testimony but it never seemed to be complete. God had saved me from terrible circumstance but I was still divorced, I still had four children that had to be raised, I still work three jobs at times, I still lived in poverty, and no one wanted to hear about the wonderful God I served especially my own family.

You see no one could see the wonderful things God was doing in my life. I was at the end of my rope when God saved me. My youngest daughter was dieing and I had no hope. God saved my daughter and through a prophet told me that my family would be saved by that tiny little baby. God is good and that came to pass but the changes in my life were in my heart and not visible to the people around me.

My daughter and I went garage saleing one day. (I live with my oldest daughter and had shared with her how I felt God wanted me to write a book and she didn't even laugh). I found a box of books at the last garage sale we went to that day. The top book was about writing a novel.  My daughter did laugh at that one. All I had with me was a quarter so I told her that would be the test if it was really from God. I asked the lady how much the book was. She told me I could just have the whole box. She just wanted to get rid of them. The whole box was about writing. God does have a sense of humor. Doesn't He?

I told God I would try. I could write some light little fluff piece, something humorous right? My first book is titled 'Out of The Shadows' it is about my testimony although I did give my  heroine a happy ending and not four little kids to raise alone. I can assure you there is no fluff to it. I now write Suspense/Romance and I love every minute of it. It was not my plan but it was so much greater than I ever dreamed.

I have said it before and I will no doubt say it in all of my blogs; God is good and His mercy endures forever.
I feel honored to be used by God and I love to tell the stories that He gives me. I feel anointed to do His will and will continue to write whether I ever get published.

Do you feel that intensity to write? Is it deep down in your bones? Do you have to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment