Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, September 26, 2011

Dare to Dream

This last week or so has been a rough time for me. I am now up and around and feeling much better.  I didn't realize that while I was busy trying to fight all the attacks that had surrounded me, that I was losing ground in my battle. Sunday our pastor spoke on daring to dream. I had heard this sermon before and it had touched me but yesterday it really spoke to me.
It is so easy to lose your way when you go to book stores and see all the new books that have just come out. I get a catalog of all the new fiction out this month and it is easy to say this can never happen to me. I have written all these books and no one even wants to read them. I just don't know where to go from here.
Yesterday I realized that whether anyone reads my books or not I have been obedient to God.  He put this burning in my heart and until the fire is extinguished I have to go on.  What would you do for God if you knew you couldn't fail?  We only see the negative, so often we can't see the possibility. We need to see the possibilities, identify them, shut the door and dream your dream.
Everyone has told me I need to go to a conference to find an agent or publisher. It is impossible to get published without one or the other but there is a next step and I know that God will show me exactly what He wants me to do because He put that dream in my heart and nothing is impossible for him. Writing was never my idea.
 I know it was a God dream because I would never be able to do the writing and publishing on my own. The dream is to big to be me.  I will treat my dream as I treat God for He is the one to give it to me. I expect God to anoint me to fulfill this dream, I know I have everything I need has already been placed in my heart and I now expect God to show up and fulfill my dream.

Do you have a burning dream deep in your soul?  Is your dream to big to be yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment