Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Harvest time

Yesterday I had to make a quick trip across the state to pick up a family member.  It was an unexpected trip and it was wonderful.  It is harvest time in Nebraska and it is beautiful. Harvest time is so full of colors and smells. I wouldn't trade this place for anything. I know a lot of people want to move down south to retire but I have retired and I love it here. I love the change of the season so much like our lives.  There have been a lot of books, stories, and movies about the seasons of our lives. If there are seasons, I would imagine I would be in the Autumn of my life. I plan to live until I'm 120 so maybe I am still in the Summer.

Yesterday God was dealing with me on It's Harvest Time. Jesus said, "The harvest truly is plentiful but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." In John He said "Behold, I say to you , lift up your eyes and look at the fields for they are already white unto harvest." The books I write all carry the plan of salvation. I know a lot of people believe that it is not necessary to come right out and write the sinners prayer but I don't do subtle well. My writing is my ministry and I don't want anyone to read my books and miss it. I pray that everyone who reads my books will be touched by them and never be the same.  Many would believe I am some kind of a fanatic but I love the Lord and believe God has all the answers.  He loved me so much He sent His Son to die or me. He gave me a Great Commission, to go out into the world to preach the gospel to every creature. My job is to save souls I will be accountable for the people that read my books and I don't want the blood of one of them on my hands. So maybe I am a little bit of a fanatic, I just wants us all to know Jesus and the power of his resurrection. He has done so much for me, God is so good how could anyone not love him.

Harvest time also means time to receive the harvest for the seeds sown. I am a giver. I live to give and I love to give to those in need the most because of this strange need to give I will reap a harvest for each seed I sow.  Many times I have given my last penny to some one in need. (mostly to missions) God is so good that He blesses me with a harvest for each seed I sow. How could I not love and serve a God like that. Harvest time is truly the best time of the year. I hope you are blessed by what I write because I pray over what I write on this blog too.  God Loves You!

What do you think about putting the prayer of salvation in your books?  Am I the only one who feels this burning desire?

No comments:

Post a Comment