Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, September 12, 2011

Memories

I know that I have titled this blog a Journey to Publication but today I want to write about the anniversary of 9/11. Yesterday the whole nation remembered this day in history. A day that changed like as we knew it.  I didn't lose anyone to this disaster but it changed my life forever.

 I came from a military background; my father fought in the second world war and Korea, my husband fought in Viet Naum, my brothers fought in Desert storm, my son fought in Iraq and Iran and now my grandson and step grandson are fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. My family was changed forever.

I want to pay honor to those who have died that we might be free. I want to honor those who have lost loved ones in the 9/11 disaster and the war that followed.  I am able to write because they gave their lives and I will never forget that. "No greater love than this than to lay down your life for your brother."  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment