Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, August 19, 2013

The God Game by D.R.Hirsch

It seems all of my book reviews are good ones. I hope people don't think I'm just giving good ones to make people happy. My review today should show you that is true. I did not like this book. When I tell authors I will read their books and review them I always tell them I am a very strong Christian. I don't like to read books with a lot of foul language, sex or sexual innuendos, or things that oppose God in any way. I did tell that to the author of this book. This book is about ONE (a god, not my God for sure) he gets bored living alone so he creates these spirit beings called energynauts. He lets them pick what planet he sends them to and then gives them a game to do, if they win they get to come back and stay with him but if they lose they have to go to another planet and start over. I find the thought of a god that is bored offensive. I think a god that just wants to watch us play a game offensive. He sends some of the enerynauts to answer prayers, he doesn't eve do that. (no wonder he's bored. I didn't like this book. I do not promote it in any way.

Have a really good week and I'll talk to you on Wednesday. I am excited because this is our Annual Mission Conference. It will be awesome I just can't wait. Doug Jones is our key note speaker and award winning Eternity Focus is our music. It will be glorious! God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment