Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, August 9, 2013

The Boy Who Walked A Way by Nancy Janes

My book review today is on the book A Boy Who Walked A Way by Nancy Janes. Nancy contacted me about reading her book and writing a review. She sent me a copy and I have enjoyed the book immensely. I had just finished a book about the end times that was full of dead bodies, crypts of dead bones, and violence at every turn. This book was a joy to read after all of the other. I know you will enjoy it and so will your children (I'm saving my copy for my nine year old grandson, I know he will love it.)

The main character is a young boy who has been thrown into a world of violence and war. His parents were forced into the military and he's left with his uncle. His uncle is soon called a way. Confused and angry he is left alone in his dark world with no hope of escape and little understanding of his situation. Under a weeping willow he cries himself to sleep, now rescued by a Guardian named Syntee, Jal is sent on a journey to a new country. Led by two magical guides, Sammy and Bea, he encounters many wonderful creatures and is told each ones stories. Their stories are often full of woes and hardships much like his own. This journey is lesson in dealing with his loss of his family,  all things he's familiar with, and teaches him the answers to the questions that have plagued him. The story ultimately shows him the plan of salvation.

It's an enchanted, humorous tale and is a joy to read much as were C. S. Lewis books. A story full of wisdom and guidance but told in a clever way to entertain and lead us on our own journey. A journey we must all under go. You will this book. you can get it on Amazon.com. Please get a copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment