Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, August 23, 2013

Calm Before the Storm by B.J. Robinson

My book review today is on the book, Calm Before the Storm, the first book in the Storms of Life Series. I was asked to read this book and do a review, my thoughts are my own.  I liked the book. It deals with the loss of family and I have been there. I lost both of my parents and then two years ago I had to deal with the lost of my youngest child. She didn't have an eating disorder but suffered from Bi-polar which is a terrible disease. It breaks your heart to watch your child suffer so. So I understand what Barbara had to deal with. Thank God she wasn't intentionally taken out but it was because of carelessness of a doctor with medication. A person could sue but then we all know how God feels about that and it sure wouldn't bring her back. Sorry, about the book.

Vera Brady comes home when her only sister, Bridget is rushed to the hospital. Because of a broken heart Vera  has stayed away longer than she had planned. Her sister is suffering from Anorexia Nervosa and only weighes 60 pounds. The doctor says the only way to save her life is to surgically insert a feeding tube. She comes through the surgery well and tells Vera she will be around a long time. She then goes to sleep and never wakes up.

Douglas Stevens has been in love with Vera for what seemed like a life time. Rumors had gone around about him and Vera's best friend that ended up in a broken relationship. He is waiting for Vera when she returns to town. He stands beside her through the death of her sister. The truth comes out about the rumors and they are reconciled.

Vera and Douglas notice how many young people are going into the hospital and not coming out. As they investigate their very lives become threatened. The closer they get to an answer the more death attempts are made. Can they find out who is trying to play God?

I enjoyed the book and their long journey to find out who the killer is. They have a problem with judging and accusing only to find out how wrong they are. Judgement is of the Lord, no one can see the heart. I hope you run out and buy this book I know you will enjoy it.

Today is the start of our annaul Missions Conference and I expect miracle to come forth. I know I will have an awesome weekend I pray you will too. God bless you all.

1 comment:

  1. Glenda, I'm so glad to know you enjoyed Calm Before the Storm. Thanks so much for the review. It hurts to watch a loved one and not be able to help them, but all we can do is turn it over to God. Blessings, BJ

    ReplyDelete