Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, April 15, 2013

Trauma Plan by Candace Calvert

My book review today is on the book Trauma Plan, A Grace Medical Series. I haven't read any of Candace's books before but I will be watching for more of her work. I really enjoyed her characters and the situations they endured. I loved the way she wove her faith into the story. It is well written and intriguing, I had a hard time putting it down. I know you will all enjoy it. I bought it on Amazon or you can find her at her website at www.candacecalvert.com.

Jackson Travis is a doctor with attitude. His past has made him a broken man. He is in the Army reserves, he is an ER doctor in several hospitals, and has opened up a free clinic for the poor and homeless. Unfortunately, the clinic is in a neighborhood that doesn't want those kind of people in their surroundings. The story starts with a homeless man on fire with a crowd of people watching and taking pictures. Not understand how these people could stand by and not help, Jack saves the man and rides to the hospital with him. Where he meets a trauma chaplain, the only reason to need a chaplain is someone is dead or dying right.

Riley Hale is a trauma chaplain. One year ago she was a trauma nurse, she was attacked in the parking lot at the end of her shift. She was strangled and thrown down a flight of stairs, broke her neck, and left for dead. After a year of treatment and therapy, she has recovered but is unable to use her right arm much. She is struggling to get enough strength to go back to work as a trauma nurse. Riley has become a chaplain until she is able to become a nurse again.

Riley is the daughter of the wealthy Hale family, her sister had been kidnapped and killed before Riley was born. Her family was so overprotective that they were smothering her. Against their wishes she becomes a nurse. Now they want her to move home and run the Hope Foundation so she will be safe.

Jack asks Riley to come work at his clinic to help his PR. She can exercise her arm and hand. There are many attacks on the clinic as the neighborhood fight to close it. Riley learns to trust Jack and loves the clinic. Jack writes a letter to get her reinstated but things soon fall apart. Riley learns things about Jack that leave her full of distrust.

It is an awesome book, you need to run out and buy a copy. Have a good day, I'll see you Wednesday. God bless you all.



2 comments:

  1. I so appreciate this thoughtful review of Trauma Plan--it's an honor to have you "scrub in" with my Grace Medical team. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. I enjoyed your book very much.I will be reading more of your work I know.

      Delete