Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, February 22, 2013

Harold the High Knight and Princess Megan

My book today is Harold the High Knight and Princess Megan, a juvenile fantasy by Michael Andrisano. I agreed to read this book and give a review, how I review it is up to me. I enjoyed the book, it is filled with gnomes, fairies, leprechauns, and ghostly visitors. I liked the story line and the characters.

Harold is visited by a ghostly visitor. Milo (the visitor) tells him that he and Harold's father is being held hostage in a bole. That only Harold can save them. Harold tries to keep the visits a secret but soon his mother and his sister are involved. They are given a riddle they must solve, when they are unable to solve it they have the kids at school try, then they are off to Ireland to save the day. They have all kinds of adventures. As I said it is a good story line.

I did however find the dialogue hard to follow. I have always been taught that when ever someone speaks you start a new paragraph. There were no breaks in the dialogue and it was difficult to tell who was speaking. I also found paragraphs that are five and six pages long intimidating especially in a children's story. I realize I am not yet published but I find short paragraphs are much easier to keep your attention. I did like the story and would encourage others to read it. God bless you Michael and keep on writing. You have a true gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment