Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dead Reckoning by Ronie Kendig

My book review today is on Dead Reckoning by Ronie Kendig, an Abingdon Press release. I loved this book. I give it a five star review. As I said the other day, I read my Kindle when I exercise. I hurt my foot in July when I was in Panama so anything that can get my mind off the pain of walking is great. This book kept me going, I couldn't believe when my thirty minutes were over. It is action packed from the first page to the last. I was almost through it when I dropped my Kindle. The Screen shattered and my first thought was how am I going to finish this book. Thank you Jesus it still works and I was able to finish it. I would give anything to be able to write like Ronie does. I love her books. Her characters were so real. I laughed, I cried, and many times held my breath not knowing what would happen to them next.

Shiloh Blake is out on an archeological dive, she finds a cylinder that wasn't an artifact. She comes up to the surface to bullets blazing. Her fellow divers fall into the water. Mikhail is dead and her best friend, Khalid is shot. She grabs hold of Khalid and swims to shore dropping the cylinder. She signaled for help and is forced to do CPR as she waited. The Indian Coast Guard rescues her and Khalid and takes them to the city where they are rushed to the hospital.

Reece Jaxon is on the Coast Guard ship, he watches the interaction between the two they had rescued from a distance but is fascinated by Shiloh. Reece is CIA and is assigned to protect the girl. Her father is an agent that had been a mentor to Reece. He must keep her safe and to do that he must keep her at a distance or he will lose his heart.

Shiloh hates her father. He had left her to return to being a spy. He mother had been a spy and had been killed. She had watched her mother die and it was his fault. Her mother had left her, everyone had left her. She couldn't trust anyone not even God, He had left her too.

Shiloh had no idea what she had gotten herself into. Reece seemed to be the only one to get her out of it. She is drawn to him but can she trust him? He is just like her father.

Her father is drawn into the situation. Shiloh has some serious decisions to make as she is drawn into a life she despises. She is forced to trust the God she felt had let her down.

I love the end and won't give it away but I do love it. You can find more about this book or where to order it at: www.RonieKendig.com. I know you will love it so check it out. Go bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment