Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Danger on the Mountain by Lynette Eason

This is not a normal day for my blog but Monday I wrote a post on what God is doing in my heart and in my life. I didn't receive many hits so I will do a book review for you. I didn't write a review for one of my book club books in October's selection so today I'll write a review of Danger on the Mountain, a Rose Mountain Refuge Series.I really enjoy Lynette Eason's books They are always intriguing. This one wasn't a disappointment, it was really good. I enjoyed every page of it.

Maggie Bennett has been badly abused, her husband has died and she sets out to start a new life for herself and her infant daughter, Bella. Her grandfather has died and left her a home in the mountains and plenty of money to live on. While at the bank, a robbery takes place. One of the robbers command her to come to him. Police officer Reese Kirkpatrick was in the bank and stops the robbery, wounding one of the robbers. The robbers leave but one threatens Maggie as he leaves. Not understanding why they would threaten Maggie, Reese takes over the job of keeping her safe.

Maggie doesn't want or need a man. She can't allow herself and her daughter to be hurt. How could she ever trust a man again? Reese has his own problems. He lost his wife and baby daughter. Just looking at Bella brought back the feel of his lifeless child in his arms. How could he be drawn to the mother when he couldn't bear the sight of her baby?

The book is a journey on forgiveness and love. Her characters were deeply flawed and were just trying to survive. My heart went out to them. I was once abused and I could really identify with Maggie. I hope you will go out and read the book, I know you will love it. Thank you Lynette and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment