Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, August 31, 2012

Freefall by Kristen Heitzmann

Today I want to share my review on Freefall. I love Kristen's books and this is one of her best. I have had a hard time putting it down.I usually have three of four books I am reading at a time but this one kept me from doing that.

Injured on the first page of the book when she goes over the water fall, she has no idea who she is. She struggles to get out of the river and find help. Her trek down the mountain is difficult with all her injuries. She is not aware she has lost her memory until Monica finds her and asks her name. Monica names her Jade and helps her to heal even after she refuses to go to the hospital or call the police.

Monica's brother, Cameron, comes to save his sister from this unknown predator. Cameron investigates frauds and insurance claims for a living. He sees the evil in the world on a daily basis. Convinced this woman is threat to his sister, he takes her to the doctor and finally to the police. A dream reveals to Jade that she was not alone when she fell. Full of doubts and misgivings Cameron helps Jade to climb the moutain to find the man who was with her and her journey to find out who she really is.

The search for this man and her memory is a long road. Answers come but only seem to trickle in, leaving her confused and in danger. Cameron has his own issues and is fighting his demons as he helps her fight hers. Who would think they would run into life threating situations? As they struggle with their pasts they are drawn together in a force neither are able to control.

I loved this book. Even without her memory she stills has her faith. I would like to think my faith would still exist if I lost my identity. Cameron has lost his faith but is put in places where he must reach out to God. I love their journey. I don't want to ruin the book for you so I won't tell you anymore of the story but I do know you will enjoy every minute of it as I did. I do suggest you don't pick it up right before you go to bed because I promise you will lose a lot of sleep.

I still don't have my computer up and running so I will not post on Monday as my library is closed. God bless you guys. Run out and buy this one, it is awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda,

    I haven't read that one. What helps you choose your books to review and read? I have been reading Ann Lamott's book on writing entitled "Bird by Bird." It's a nice kick in the butt. :)

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,

      I love to read Suspense because I write suspense so I feel like I am learning more of my craft. I also like Amish fiction. I do read some nonfiction, I will have to check out "Bird by Bird". God bless you.

      Glenda

      Delete
  2. Glenda,

    I am so sorry about your daughter! That is horrible. I am thankful she was rescued and is recuperating.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern. I wrote about it on my blog today. I just thank God she is okay. She still has to see him each day in school. I know that will strenghten her relationship with God.

      Delete