Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Vengeance Squad by Sidney W. Frost

Today I'm going to do a book review. Sid Frost sent me a book to review. How I review it is up to me even though the book was a gift.

The Vengeance Squad was a very well written journey of personal grief. After loosing Sarah in a violent shooting during a robbery, Chris McCowan sets out to find  and kill the men that were involved. In his desperation he turns his back on God and decides He can't exist if He allowed such a thing to happen.

With the help of his father, a secret agent, and a very unusual trio he sets out to find these criminals. Law enforcement is unable to find any clues but the Vengeance Squad, a forty year old, wheelchair bound, ex-con student of Chris', a sixty-five year old librarian, and Chris a computer science professor, not only finds clues but a great deal of action and violence.

It was one man's fight to understand grief and come to terms with the loss of the loves of his life. I loved the story. I have never known the grief of losing a mate but I do know the devestation of divorce and of losing a child. This story spoke to my heart and I hope you will all read this story.

Thank you Sid for sharing your story with us. I look forward to reading more of your books. God bless you and your wife. Your personal story gives me hope in a land of singleness. Wednesday I will continue with my Panama trip. If you are getting bored with my adventures let me know. God bless all of my followers.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Glenda. You found aspects of the story that few other reviewers have and I appreciate that. Knowing more about you now, I wish I had sent you Where Love Once Lived to read. I will, if you like. Some have said it's theme is that it is never too late to find love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the review. As an unpublished author I am never sure if people like what I write. I do appreciate it. I would love to read your other book. Thanks for sharing with me. I did do a review on Amazon for you and will do one in Good reads.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great theme. My husband's sister and brother-in-law were shot by two men on the run after robbing a bank. By God's grace & mercy they survived. They apprehended the men within a week of the incident. So, I have some perspective of the fear, anxiety, and sense of revenge. The only thing I don't like about your review is that you didn't tell us how to get a copy of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can Get the book at Amzon.com. Sorry I didn't put that in the post. I know you will appreciate the book.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete