Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Navy Seal Rescuer by Shirlee McCoy

I want to do a review today on the Navy Seal Rescuer, a book in the Heroes for Hire Series. I love Shirlee's books and this is no exception. It is a fast paced suspense and her characters truly jump off the page at you. My problem is I get so involed with the characters I want to know what happened to them after the story is over.

This story is about Catherine Miller, a woman that has just spent the last four years of her life in prison for a crime she didn't commit. She returns home to find the grandmother who raised her dying of cancer, her home falling a part, and a town that still believes she's guilty. Catherine, a nurse, just wants to be left alone so that she may care for her grandmother for whatever time they have left. Someone is trying to see that it doesn't happen, he writes Murder on the side of her home, and makes an attempt on Catherine's life.

The next door neighbor, Darius Osborne steps in and saves her life. He vows to keep anyone from harming the two women he has come to care for. Darius, a former Navy Seal has his own issues to deal with. Now a security contractor, he sets out to track down the people who are trying to destroy Catherine. It was an intriguing story of faith even in the most difficult of times.

I really look forward to the next story in the series. Thank you Shirlee for sharing your heart. You are an amazing writer and I learn a lot about my craft when I read your work. God bless you and I hope you all run out and buy a copy. I know you won't regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment