Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to Panama

Okay I gave you some time off but I still have things to share with you about my missions trip. Panama was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It seems to me that God in His infinite mercy gave each place in the world a special beauty. No two places are the same and there is no way to compare them. A rain forest is absolutely breath taking and I loved it.

Panama City is full of wondrous buildings, but the abject poverty is everywhere. Trash liters the streets in front of the modern city. Our team and several others took one day out of our visit to collect trash on the beaches. They evidently don't have land fills or trash dumps so people just through things they don't want the the beaches of the rivers and oceans. We found a mattress and box springs, furniture, dirty diapers, animal skeletons, great sheets of wood, tires, and normal food wrappers.   You name it and we found it on that beach. It broke your heart.

We went deep into the city to minister to some of the schools. The schools we went to were gated, fenced in buildings. No glass in the windows, classes were overloaded with children, armed guards (they carried M16s) stood at the door ways. Your heart went out to the children, many of whom are homeless. I thank God that we were allowed into these schools. Not only were we allowed in we were welcomed with so much love it broke your heart.

In one of the schools there was a little boy that was probably about six or seven. He was in a little uniform with a school bag that reminded me of the old school bags our kids use to use back in the seventies or eighties. He stood off by himself and watched everything but he never took part in what was taking place. Our teens had brought gifts for the kids, (just little stickers, jewelery, or balls) but he never took any. My heart went out to this little guy. I just wanted to pick him up and take him home with me. I was watching the kids backpacks and couldn't go to him but I prayed for him and sent one of teens to reach out to him. I still see his little face. I will continue to pray for him.

How about you? Has God ever just filled your heart with love for someone on the street? Do you know that overwhelming need to pray for someone you never met and will probably never see again?
God loves His children so much He wants none to be lost.

God bless you today. I hope you are enjoying my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment