Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today is The Day That The Lord Has Made

Day before yesterday I had fasted all day. I wasn't sure why but I obeyed the voice of the Lord. That night I had a call from my best friend, she was under attack. She has had a rough year, she lost her father and several members of her family, her brother and sister had managed to steal most of her inheritance, her job was good but one woman did everything in her power to cause my friend grief, she had gone from a sixty thousand a year job to a twenty, she lives in a tiny little box of any apartment and is still having trouble making ends meet, she was taken ill this last winter and now ally the bills have come in and people are threatening to sue her, and now someone in our church had broke her heart. You are not to be attacked in your church and yet it happens all the time.  Have you been in this place? You just want to give up. She wanted to pack up her car and move to where her daughter lived, but she had no finances. I was able to go over to her home and minister to her, because of my state of fast I really felt the presence of God. He was there to heal her heart and give her strength.

My scripture today is James 1:2-3; "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." When you are going through tests, trials, and tribulations it is hard to see how any good could come from it. We tend to pray for God to stop the attacks but what we need to be praying for is strength and endurance. I'm not saying that you don't use Spiritual Warfare, you do. You need to bind the devil and pray protection over yourself, but you also need to see that through these trials you will be made pure and holy.

God is good and His mercy endures for ever. He walks through the valley of death with us. He doesn't carry us through but He is right there leading us through the darkness. We will come out the other side a better person.

My friend sent me an email while she was at work yesterday to let me know she was doing good and she thanked me for being there for her. God is so good. How are you doing this day? Do you need God to wrap His arms around you and tell you how much He loves you? He is here to do that. I would love to pray with you.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for your obedience. Everywhere I turn, I see heartache and broken lives. God will use your obedience to His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. God is truly good and He uses everything to His glory. God bless you.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete