Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

I can't let this the best holiday of the year, to go by without comment. I won't be posting on Wednesday as it is my day of baking and preparation. So here is why this is the greatest holiday of the year.

All of the other holidays are about us. What we give, what we get, what we feel, but Thanksgiving is all about giving back to God. He does so many awesome things in our lives.  Some people give their tighes and can't understand why God is not blessing them financially. Stand back and look what God has done in your life.  Each day you wake up and get out of bed is a huge blessing. I look back in the past year or so and we have had some tremendous struggles. My thirty four year old daughter and my two month old great-granddaughter went home to be with Jesus. Yet through that God gave us grace and comfort in a way I never dreamed possible.

What we say? I am sixty-five years old, I don't take any meds, I am strong and healthy, my mind is still functioning the way it is suppose to. I am blessed. I may not have some of the toys that seem to be so important to other but my life is wonderful all I can do or say is thank you Lord for Your graciousness.

We have a home, cars, computers, and all the necessities of life.  My  children are all strong and healthy. They are prospering as are my eleven beautiful and healthy grandchildren and my four wonderful great-grandchildren.  I am so truly blessed.

Please take sometime to thank God for what he has done for you.

As I am writing this I am watching James Robertson. He has a man on his show named Dallas Weins. In 2008 he was electrocuted and had no face. He has undergone through twenty seven surgeries but now has a face transplant.  He had no eyes, no nose, and no teeth. He just had a blob that looked like a tumor with a slash for a mouth. He now has a face but he had never given up or wanted to end it.  He was there to just praise the Lord. No matter how bad things look, there is always some one who is worse off.

Let's just praise God and thank Him for what he has done in your life and the lives of your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment