Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, November 18, 2011

A letter to my teenage self

I love to blog and I spend several hours a day on different blogs. So what is the deal about writing to your teenage self. It is every where.  I am not sure I understand the concept.  I would not go back to my teens ever again if that was possible nor would I share what is coming down the road. I would scare myself to death, literally.

I have made many grave mistakes but they have made who I am today. I would not advise myself to do anything differently. God has a plan for each of us. What road we take is a mystery to all of us but God knows exactly what we need in this life to get us to where we need to be.

I have lived through a life of mental abuse, physical abuse, divorce, depression, illness, and loss. I have raised four children alone and have remained single the last forty years. How do I warn myself to these things? Gdo has been good to me. He has been with me all these long, sometimes lonely, years. He has held my hands at times and He has lifted me up and carried me at others. God is good and His mercy endures forever. I have come to trust Him in ways other human beings have no concept of. He has been my Husband, my Comforter, my Healer, my Provider, my Lover, and my all in all.

Would you tell yourself to change things in your life? Would you share what has been going on in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment