Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Well, Thanksgiving flew by and today is that infamous day after.  I went to bed early after pigging out and am now wide awake at 2am.  It suddenly dawned on me that people all over the nation  were up on purpose so they could grab that one much desired item that they or one of their friends or family just had to have and at a much discounted price.

Today people will show each other that we might be made in God's image but that we are still basically still animals at heart.  I hope that Christian do not go out there and run people over in malls, rip items out of the hands of fellow shoppers, and violently abuse other shoppers.  I have seen all kinds of horrors about the Black Friday crowd.  God help us, how can we become so uncivilized all over 25% off?

I plan to decorate my home today.  I won't go shopping unless there is something I have need of at that moment. When I am through with my decorating I will curl up with a good book and thank God for the safty and security of my own home.

Do you go wild on Black Friday?  Do you lose your Christianity when you are out there fighting with the crowds? 

No comments:

Post a Comment