Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, September 10, 2012

Whispers in the Wind by Lauraine Snelling

I received this book through a contest. I love to win books or receive them free, otherwise I would be unable to read as many different authors as I do. I live on a limited income and I'm unable to purchase as many books as I need to feed my obsession. I promised Lauraine a review so here it is. I didn't promise to give her a good one, just a review. I do love her books and my only problem with this one is that I must now buy the next one to find out what happens.

Cassie Lockwood belonged to a Wild West Show her father and his partner ran. After her fathers death, the partner ruins the show and runs off leaving everyone with nothing to live on. Cassie finds the deed to a ranch that her father had talked about but she had thought it was a only dream. She takes her adopted family, Chief a friend of her fathers, Micah the animal handler, and Runs Like a Deer an Indian with a broken leg they found on the way and goes to claim the ranch.

Mavis Engstrom and her two sons Ransom and Lucas are surprised when Cassie and her family shows up but Mavis explains the secret that she and her husband kept from the boys. Cassie is indeed half owner of the ranch. Mavis and the boys help Cassie and her friends fix up and old cabin that was once lived in by Cassie's father and their father.

Cassie has always been traveling and is thrilled with a chance to put down roots but is confused by Mavis desire to help them in every way. Ransome  is suspicious of Cassie and why she is here. He is angry with his mother for keeping her secret and her willingness to just hand over the ranch. Lucas is thrilled with Cassie and wants to marry her. The neighbors are up in arms because Cassie has brought Indians into their world.

Cassie is driven to compete in a shooting  contest to try to earn money for her family but is shot just a few weeks before the event. Determined to support her people she forces herself to use the arm before it is ready. I love this girl's determination and strength. She is willing to do whatever it takes to help her family.
Mavis is a character that just loves Cassie as the daughter she never had but could have. She wants to help this girl in any way she can. I like that about her. I loved Ransom, he didn't appreciate his mother's lies and deception but he loved her, respected her, and did what she told him to do to help Cassie. Lucas is not my favorite character as he seems to go from one woman to another but he does help Cassie to get shooting gigs. He seems to understand her need to care for her own.

I loved this book as I said before my only problems is that now I have to get the next book to find out what happens next. I hope you will run out and buy a copy of this book, I know you will love it. The book is published by Bethany House so you can find it in line or through www.laurainesnelling.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment