Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, September 24, 2012

Missing Monarch by Rachella McCalla

I have been waiting for this the final book in the Reclaiming the Crown Series for what seems like forever.  There was a problem on my account while I was in Panama and I didn't receive them when I should've, so I called them. When  they sent the books this book was not included. I have spent weeks checking at WalMart for the book to finally come out. I finally got it and I was not disappointed. It was a great book. I had often wondered about the missing prince. What would make him run? What would keep him away when someone blew up your family and threatened your country? Now my questions were answered and I loved it all.

The Crown Prince Thaddeus of Lydia had ran off six years ago. He left his family without telling them or anyone else of his secret marriage, he abandoned his new bride all  to try to save his country. Now six years later, his arch enemy has found out about his wife and a son Thad didn't know even existed. Octavian kidnaps Monica to find her husband or lose her son. Monica sets off the find Thad and turn him over to this evil man.

Octavian kidnaps their son, Peter, while Thad and Monica tries to get back for help. They are taken to Lydia to find the Scepter he had hidden before he left. Their journey to find the scepter and take back the country is full of action and suspense. You really aren't sure who you can trust and who you can.

Monica is so angry at Thad and can't understand why he had abandoned her. How do you forgive something like that. Thad's family welcomes her with open arms. She has a hard time to understand their acceptance.

Thad is still trying to sacrifice himself for his loved ones. Brokenhearted he had missed his child birth and childhood, lost six years with the love of his life, and all for nothing. he was right back in the hands of this evil man. How could he save them all?

I enjoyed that you also got to revisit the prince and princesses and their fiancees. I loved all these couples. I hated to see the story come to an end for they were people I had come to love. It was a very good book and I recommend it to you all. You can find out more about Rachelle and her books at www.rachellemccalla.com. God bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment