Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, February 20, 2012

Praise God!

So in October of 2009 I was injured at work. I worked at McDonald's at the time. I had taken the job as crew simply because I thought I needed money and I absolutely hated it. Oh I loved seeing people. I have lived in this town for over forty years but I had left to take a different store about nine years ago. Now that I am back it is good to see old friends and relatives but the job was not working out well. I felt God was telling me to quit so I put in my notice but my boss talked me into staying. I ended up seriously hurting my knee. Some times it takes a while to learn to hear and obey God.

In the last few years God has been dealing with me on the fact He is my source not a job. I'm sixty-six years old and I am now retired on a fixed income. At first I thought He would bless me with my books and that would make up for what little I get from SSI but that didn't happen. God has been just blessing me, without a job, without a husband, and without me trying to earn it. My friends and my church keep telling me of job opportunities to check out and I do. I always ask God to keep me from making mistakes again. He told me he knew my work ethic and would put in a good word for me. His mother would call and set up an interview with me. He called several hours later and told me I had the job, I didn't need an interview. So God gave me a job in a field I love. (I used to have a craft shop of my own.)

I now have extra money coming in for seeds and for my mission trip. I still know God is my source and He is blessing me beyond measure. God  bless each of you. God is good and His mercies endure for ever.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting a job. Been under the weather. Just got out today.First time in seven days. Still need to take it somewhat easy.

    ReplyDelete