Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, February 6, 2012

Congratulations!

My post today is a little different. Yesterday it was my honor and my pleasure to attend the 40th wedding anniversary of a couple from my church. To many people that might not be a big deal but to me it is. I have been divorced for forty-three years so that kind of a commitment is awesome.

I love this couple they are so sweet and so loving. Brenda came over and asked me if I had ever heard their story and then she shared it with me. It was so sweet I asked if I could use it in a book or a blog. She told me she would love that so I want to share it with you.

Lonnie Brandt was in the military and was stationed in Germany. Brenda Smith lived on a mountain in Tennessee.
Lonnie meant some wonderful people in Germany and was invited to their home. While he was there he saw  a picture of a beautiful friend of theirs from back home in Tennessee. He asked them for her address and he wrote her a letter. They wrote to each other for over a year. Lonnie told her he would come see her when he got back to the states. She thought yeah right.

The first thing Lonnie did when he got back to the states was to go home and get his car so he could go see her. When he got to the small town he asked some people at the store if they knew her. when they said they did, he asked where she lived and they told him she live up on one of the mountain so he headed out. He stopped at a store at the bottom of the mountain and asked if they knew Brenda Smith. They said they did and that she had just gotten married a few days ago.

Devastated he turned to go home to Nebraska. He stopped for gas on the way out of town. The man who pumped the gas(they did that forty years ago) asked if he was Brenda's Lonnie. He found out there were five Brenda Smiths on that mountain. A year later they were married. Isn't that sweet? Do you see the hand of God at work there? I couldn't help be a little jealous that God didn't do that for me but then God reminded me that I didn't ask for a husband and I didn't wait for the right one. How about you? Did you wait on God? Did you see His work in your relationship?

He brought a man half way around the world for Brenda and He is not a resector of person so He could do the same for you or even me. How cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. When my husband and I got married, I was away from the Lord. He was not a Christian. I guess I wanted my way, we had times where I didn't think we would have an easy time. But he did come to know the Lord. We've been married 43 years last November. This week, two of my friends and their husbands have anniversaries, one couple will be married 46 years-the other, 56. I have seen God work in our marriage and theirs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad God is working in marriages today so many people just give up and think it's not worth fighting for. God bless you and your marriages.

    ReplyDelete