Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, October 17, 2011

The final chapter

Hopefully it won't be the total final chapter but it is to this point.  Thirty four years ago (almost thirty five) I became truly born again but it was different this time. I received the Holy Spirit this time. It gave me power to live a righteous life. I fell in love with Jesus and couldn't get enough of his Word. My family was in church every time the doors were open. There is not enough time or paper to tell all of the amazing miracles God has done in my life and in my family.

God has blessed me with the greatest church and church family in the world. My pastor is the best on in the world.  He and his wife are wonderful people and since this is Pastor Appreciation Month I will tell you I really appreciate them. He has helped all of stretch and grow these last three years. I have reached a new level in Christ Jesus I never thought I would reach.

Two of my children are not serving the Lord right now but I know that will change. I am very proud of my children and God has blessed me with them.  Amie is no longer with us as she went home to be with Jesus in May but I am still proud of her.  My oldest daughter is a manager in Runza. I'm sure many of you have never heard of Runza. It is a Nebraska fast food restaurant. She and her husband have two boys that live and work in Grand Island. She also raises Amie's daughter who is only sixteen.  My son(one of the twins) was in the Air Force Special Forces. He spent many tours in the middle east but is now retired. He is a deputy sheriff in Cheyenne Wyoming. He and his wife have a fifteen year old son.  He is a tremendous athlete and I am very proud of him. My middle daughter(one of the twins) is a registered Nurse and works in the York Women prison and is studying to be a PA. She and her husband have two children. Her son is a Marine and is in Afghanistan.  Her daughter is married and lives in Henderson NE. She has had two children. Her son is two and a half, her daughter Kaylee went to live with Jesus last summer at two months old. Amie's husband lives in Hastings. Her seven year old son lives with his dad. I am truly blessed.

God has truly blessed me.  Isaiah 54:5 For my Maker is my husband, the Lord of hosts is His name; my Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth. God is my husband and He has been so good to me. He has never once abused me in any way. Whether or not I ever marry is up to God but I am content and happy. I do hope to one day be a published author. God has put that desire into my heart but it is all up to Him and His timing.

Thank you for enduring my testimony I hope it helped at least one of those who visited. If it did it was worth all the pain. What has God done in your life?  If you woke up tomorrow with only the things you have thanked God for what would you have left?

No comments:

Post a Comment