Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Circle of grace

Our pastor defines grace as God's willingness to get involved in my mess. I love that definition.  I need God to get involved in my mess. I can't do it alone, I know that I have tried to do it on my own and always fail miserably.Gace is used approximately 170 times in  the New Testament so it must be important, right? James 4:6
But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Grace is getting what we don't deserve.Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me to everyone who is among you, not to think more highly of yourselves than you ought, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to us each the measure of faith. It is only by grace that we have any faith at all. Romans 4:6 says Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them;

I could go on and on but faith positions us to receive what grace has called us to do. This teaching has really spoke to me because I realize that I have been messing up. I have been praying for certain things and I believed I had the faith to receive them but they haven't come to pass. I would get on my knees and ask what I was doing wrong? Where have I missed it? I was confessing, I was believing, and I was doing everything I knew to do. What was going on?

Suddenly I saw that I was not trusting in God to do what I had prayed for, I was trying to work my way into God's grace. His grace was already there. I don't have to earn it, it is already mine. God forgive me, I was trying to it all my own way. God is good and I thank Him for what He is doing in my life. I really want to thank Him for forgiving me for when I blow it. I now see I already have what I need to do what God has called me to do and He will take care of everything else.

Do you try to make things happen in your walk with God? Do you truly trust Him to do that which is needed in your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment