Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Destiny of Hearts by Catherine Ulrich Brakefield

My review today is on the Historical Christian Saga, Destiny of Hearts. This is book three in the Destiny Series. This saga continues from April 7, 1917 through April 14 1933. The McConnells women loose most of Shusan and move all over. This story is inspirational and heartwarming. You will laugh and you will cry. It will touch your heart. It rightly describes the horror of the Great Depression. My father worked in the CCC and told us it saved his life. I have often heard some of the horrors my grand parents and parents went through.
Ruby marries the love of her life and ends up in Colorado. When Stephen's health deteriorates. He chooses the man he wants to marry Ruby after his death. Ruby doesn't agree and they are forced to return to Shusan. Myra married to Clem ends up in Detroit. Clem has become a drunk and a womanizer. Franklin Long is now divorced and living in Detroit; he runs into Myra and her daughters. He brings them home for Stephen's funeral. After loosing most of Shusan Collina, now divorced, finally agrees to marry her childhood sweetheart Franklin Long if her mother, Ruby, and the children come with them to Detroit.
Ruby starts her own dress shop; Franklin works to help Clem with his evil ways, Collina struggles to live a life of leisure. When the war ends the family suffers through the Great Depression and looses everything. God has a plan for this family a good plan for a hope and a future. God has a plan for you too, a good plan and not for evil. Give Him your heart and watch Him work in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Glenda, thank you for your wonderful review on Destiny of Heart! I am thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed the novel! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering
    iif you knew of any widgrts I could add to myy blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and
    was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly njoy reading
    your blogg and I look forward to your new updates.

    ReplyDelete