Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson

My book review today is on the nonfiction book The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. I loved this book and I have to say it made a big difference in my prayer life. I know that everyone who reads this book will see their lives changed. How big is your God? We all need to enlarge our concept of God, we tend to put God in a box and limit Him in our lives.

Mark writes about the Legend of the Circle Maker, an eccentric sage of the first century BC, who was called to pray for rain. He drew a circle around himself and prayed saying he wouldn't leave the circle until God gave them the rain they needed. Mark then writes about how to draw prayer circles in our own lives and how God has honored his prayers and those of his family, church members, and the people he has taught.

I especially liked what Mark wrote about the books he wrote and how he prayed circles around them before he sent them out. I also was encouraged when he wrote that if God called a person to write, all we had to do is be obedient and write the book. If it never is published or even read by another we have done what we were called to do. That spoke to my heart. I have written six books and am on my seventh but although I have put them in ebook form they haven't sold. The devil keeps telling me I'm a joke, I haven't even made a penny on them but this book set me free. Now I can say I don't care because I have done what God told me to do. It doesn't matter if I make a fortune as long as one soul is helped.

I pray you will get a copy and read this book. It will set you free also. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment