Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, February 16, 2015

Harvest of Blessings by Charlotte Hubbard

My book review today is on the latest book of the Seasons of the Heart Series by Charlotte Hubbard. This is an Advance Readers Copy sent to me by the Kensington Publishers. I'm thrilled to receive these books when they first come out but I can assure you these are my own thoughts about the book. I loved this book. I enjoy reading books about the Amish. We all want a simpler life these days, although doing everything the old way might not be as simple as one might think. I enjoyed visiting couples from the previous books, I like that in the books I read.This is a story of the prodigal daughter. This book is well written and I loved her characters. Charlotte's characters are not always cookie cutter Amish people but they are heart warming and extremely entertaining. I also like the fact that each character had to take their own path to faith and they didn't all see it the same way. Isn't that how it is with us? We all have to find our own way.

Nora Landwehr was forced to leave her home at only sixteen. Her father, Preacher Gabe had forced her to leave when he learned of her pregnancy, now sixteen years later she comes home to reconcile with her daughter and family. Nora has a problem embracing the Old Order but dreams of helping the little community but it seems the men of the community have other plans for the young divorcee.

Luke Hooley is a reckless immature man who is trying to win the attention of the beauty who moved in next door. A player, Luke has no intention of settling down but he is drawn to Nora in a way he had never experienced before. As she goes from sexy to plain Luke doesn't understand how he can be even more intrigued.

Nora's sixteen year old daughter is dating Luke's brother, Ira, a man almost twice her age, her mamm is laying at deaths door and her father refuses to speak with her. Can Nora find her way back to her faith and her family? Does God have a plan through the mess of her life?

A great journey of restoration, forgiveness, and love. I know you will love this book, you will laugh, you will cry, and it will touch your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment