Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, February 2, 2015

Little Girl Taken by Glenda Parker



Today I'm going to talk to you about my new book that was just published last week. A few years ago I was watching a show on TV that was talking about the horrors of Human Trafficking in this nation. It touched my heart in such a way that I cried out to God for money to give to these people that were reaching out and saving the children. God laid it on my heart to write a book about it. Knowing there was a good chance that it would never be published, I simply obeyed. The words of this story just flowed. I have worked on it trying to make it better but I think it's as good as I can do it without help. I loved this story and have put many of the special people in my life in the characters. I hope it will touch your heart. Even now after working on it all this time it still makes me cry in places and touches my heart. Let me know what you think of it. I pray I wrote what God wanted said.

             Children are missing….Young girls are disappearing….Human Trafficking?
                                                       Not in Nebraska

When Rachel Zion’s daughter, Zoe, is abducted Rachel is forced to contact her ex-husband. Special  Agent Greyson Zion of the OSI and his team join an ICE task force to find the missing girls.
Special Agent Mitch Baer is aware of a human trafficking cell working in his area.    Could this be the break he has been hoping for?  Will they be able to find the girls before they can be moved and sold     on the black market?
Can Grey bring his family back together or will the new man in Rachel’s life pull them further apart?  How can Baer reconcile the evil forces around him with the loving God that Grey put all his trust in?  Does an all powerful God even exist?

Human Trafficking is a 32 billion dollar industry second only to drug. This industry is favored by criminals because unlike drugs and arms, you can sell people over and over. Conservative estimates put the number of slaves in the world today at over 27 million, more than at any other time in history. Unfortunately over 99% will never be rescued. The average age of these slaves are 11 and a half years of age. U.S. laws prohibit human trafficking in every state but only 10% of those caught are being prosecuted, only the children are being punished. This problem is due to the men in high offices that are purchasing this kids. This last weekend is one of the biggest events in human trafficking, the Super Bowl. Young children are lined up in every available nook for use to people attending the event. 

We need to stop the horrendous epidemic going on in our nation and we need to realize our children are not safe from these monsters. Groups like; www.equipandempower.org. saveslives@sharedhope.org, abolishslavery.org work to free children and turn their lives around. You too can do something to help, pray for these groups, pray over your children, and watch over them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment