Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, June 9, 2014

No Place to Run by Marion Faith Laird

My book review today is on Love Inspired Suspense, No Place To Run by Marion Faith Laird. I believe Marion is a new author for Love inspired, I know I haven't read any of her books before. I really enjoyed this one. It was well written and full of actions. I enjoyed the characters.

Lorie Narramore has returned to Arkansas after a horrible experience. Now she just wants to start over.
A librarian by trade, she accepts a position in a small town close to her family. The library knows of her past; the murder charge, the trial, and her harassment in California but now it seems that it has followed her home.

Matt MacGregor is a deputy sheriff. He answers a call at the library, a threatening note was left for Lorie but when he arrives the note is gone. There is evidence of a break in but nothing to go by. As he is called out to one attack after another on this woman, he finds himself deeply involved with her. He had loved another Lorie and she had broken his heart there is no way he can let that happen again.

As the attempts on Lorie's life escalates, Matt brings her to his family lodge for protection but who will protect his heart? Can he believe her or is she deceiving him as the other Lorie did?

A good story and one you will enjoy. I hope you all had a great weekend and will have a great week. It is raining here which is a real blessing. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda. Thank you so much for the lovely review! Yes, No Place to Run is my first published novel. It was a long journey that began one November with a blank page and NaNoWriMo! (National Novel Writing Month.) :) Then along came So You Think You Can Write. While my story didn't advance through the voting process, it caught the attention of the editors, who asked to see the manuscript and a full synopsis. To make a long story short, eventually Love Inspired Suspense offered me a contract, and, after revisions, Art Fact Sheets, and a long, interesting process, the book is finally out!

    So You Think You Can Write ( http://www.soyouthinkyoucanwrite.com/ ) is now an annual event, which I would recommend to anyone looking to be published in category fiction. It is run by Harlequin/Mills & Boon, and any romance category that they published has the potential to get an editor's attention! I'm really thankful that they included the Christian lines, which gave me the opportunity to bypass the regular "slush pile" and have a guaranteed reading of my first chapter and 100-word pitch!

    May the Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Most people don't bother with it and I appreciate it. I have never participated in these events I'm not sure how to get involved and how it all works. I'm glad it worked well for you. God bless you in your upcoming projects. I'm sorry it took so long to reply to your comment.

      Delete