Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, March 4, 2013

Hidden in Plain View by Diane Burke

My book review today is a Love Inspired Suspense, Hidden in Plain View by Diane Burke. I love Amish books and I love suspense books so this book is a no-brainer, of course I would love it, right? Well, I did, it was a great read. I had a seizure once about forty years ago. When I came to, I couldn't remember who I was or where I was. I still remember the terror that filled me. In this book our leading lady has that problem. Mine only lasted a few hours but hers lasted much longer. I'm glad Diane allowed her to remember her faith in God.

Sarah Lapp sets off for the school house to deliver a basket of apples and cheese, what she finds is a man, John Lapp running for his life. He gives Sarah a bag of diamonds to hide. As she pinned them to her skirt, a cold blooded killer enters the school and shoots John, Peter, Sarah's husband, and Sarah. Sarah awakes at the hospital with all of her memories lost. Sarah had been raised Englisch and was adopted by her Amish grandmother, now she didn't seem to belong in either world.

Samuel King is an undercover cop. An ex-Amish man he returns to the ways of his people to protect the young widow. The Amish allows Sam to stay with them to help Sarah and her unborn child. The killer tries to find Sarah by destroying the community around them.

This was an intriguing story with great characters and a fast moving story line. It was hard to put down and I loved every minute of it. I know you will too. In her letter, Diane talks about adoption and how she once gave up a child only to be reunited with that child later. It really spoke to my heart. My youngest daughter gave up a child and I one day hope to be in her life. She's seventeen years old now and I hope to meet her at her graduation. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment