Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, June 8, 2012

This is The Day

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! Oh Glorious Day! I have spent several hours in the garden. I have had a glorious day all ready. The garden is doing beautifully. I watered and weeded and had spent a wonderful time with the Lord. I don't know why I feel so much closer to the Lord when I am working out there but I do. Maybe it is the sower parable that speaks to my heart when I am working out there. I love to watch the seeds grow, it's such a miracle. A tiny little seed and then a tiny little blade, so awesome, but now they are real plants. We have blossoms on the squash and the melons. It is just amazing.

God is so good.  He created seed, plant, and harvest before the beginning of time. He knew we would need it for our food but He also knew we would need it in the spiritual realm. We can sow and name our seed and reap our harvest. Oral Roberts was the one who first brought this principal to light for the church. I love the fact that we can't out give God. When we sow into His kingdom we will reap. We need to sow in good ground, we need to pray over it, water it with the Word, and reap our harvest. You will reap 30, 60, or 100 fold return. God has made a way to bless us, even the ones who are on a limited income. He planned it before time began. How awesome is that? 

2 comments:

  1. "I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear falling on my ear..." I always associate this song with my late grandmother who loved, was passionate about her gardens. I do believe God intended for us to live in The Garden - Adam & Eve just blew it for the rest of us. Enjoy the blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I reflect on your words, I think of Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete