Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, January 12, 2015

Triumphant Faith by Susan Mackrill with Inger Logelin

My book review today is on a nonfiction book, Triumphant Faith. This book is about the journey of one woman and her family to fulfill a God given mission. I had come to think of myself as a strong mature Christian. I have suffered many things in my life that allows me to minister to most women and their problems but I have to say this woman puts me in my place. Humbly I acknowledge that I have never known the kind of persecution and trauma that she went through to come to know God and to do what God told her to do.

The scriptures say my people die for lack of vision. This woman was given a vision that took decades for her to see come to pass. Yet through it all she like Abraham stood strong in the Lord even through adversity.

Susan Mackrill's vision was for a school for children in the intercity of Omaha. A Christian school that would raise up an army for God. A school that would be tuition free, that wouldn't water down the Word to entertain children, but that would meet the needs of the families trying to just survive.  She believed in what the Word said about teaching a child and stuck fast to the scripture.

I was very impressed by the book and the battles that took place in her life and the lives of her family. As my church prepare to take on the challenge of opening a Christian school that is virtually tuition free I pray that we will have the same integrity and sincerity that she has. I was fascinated by the book and deeply challenged in my own walk. The book has given me insight on how to pray for my own church as we take the next steps. You really need to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment