Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, November 10, 2014

A Pony Express Christmas by Rhonda Gibson

My book review today is on the Love Inspired Historical, A Pony Express Christmas. This book was a great read. I love mail-order bride books. I don't know if I would have had the guts to do something like that but I love stories about women who do. I was always afraid I would end up alone. I'm not sure why but do you know that scripture in Job that says "that thing I feared most is upon me." Well even though I married young it has come to pass. My marriage lasted two and a half years and I have been alone for forty-six years, oh well. The book is well written, I enjoyed her characters, and the faith that was woven throughout the story.

Leah Hollister was forced into a mail-order marriage. Her future husband had sent her the money to come along with her young charge. Molly's parents had died in a cholera epidemic and the orphanage had put Molly's care in her hands until she could deliver her to her uncle in Colorado, just a few miles from where her betrothed lived. Upon there arrival she finds Molly's uncle and sends word to her fiance`of her arrival but hears nothing from him. She soon finds out he has died.

Jake  Bridges was left six years ago at the alter by the only woman he had loved. To add to insult to injury she married his brother. Heartbroken Jake leaves Texas and goes to Colorado. He is now a stock handler for the Pony Express and he loves his life here in Colorado but when his sweet little niece is brought to him he realizes he needs more than a room in the barn. He also realizes he is lacking in his ability to raise a little girl so in desperation he proposes to Leah but tells her it must be a marriage in name only. He can't give his heart to another woman to be walked on.

Jake's boss offers them a cabin and as Jake prepares a place for them to live he finds that he is drawn to the lovely young girl, now he wants desperately to win her heart. A great journey of two heartbroken lonely people who find true love in the most unexpected place. God always has a plan. I know you are going to want to get a copy of this book, you can purchase it at the address below.

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=tf_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=journtopubli-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00KF49XOK&asins=B00KF49XOK&linkId=7J6OORIIIBM6S5FG&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true">
</iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment