Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Next Big Step

The last few months have been very difficult for me. When Paul and Kendra (my grandson and his girlfriend) moved back home it brought the total of people in our house to nine and another on the way. We also have two dogs but Paul and Kendra have three that come to visit at times. (to get baths and such) We have a small five bedroom house. All of the room are really small so putting to or three people in them is difficult. Kendra  is on total bedrest, Scott is disabled, Schanae goes to school and everyone else works so that means I get to do the housework, laundry, make meals, and clean up after everyone. Did I mention that Harmony is 20 months and I also get to babysit her. (We are trying to potty train her) I am sixty-seven years old and things have been becoming more and more difficult for me.

A few weeks ago our dishwasher broke down, we got a used one but it wasn't able to clean the large loads so I got a new one. Our dryer broke down Scott worked on it but it didn't dry very well. My spiritual daughter, sensing my frustration, asked me to come visit for a week. (I was getting to the end of my rope) The rest did help. For a week I did nothing but spend time with God, read, and write. It was awesome.

When I came home the drains in the kitchen kept clogging up so the kitchen would flood each time I did a load of laundry. Then the dryer broke down completely so I got to spend several hours a day at the laundromat. Scott does have it working again now but it still takes four hour to dry a load of towels.

I couldn't handle all of these attacks so for the first time in seven years I am moving out. I have a small apartment and will be moving in at the first of the month. I am excited. This is a big leap of faith on my part. I was struggling financially before now I will have to pay rent and buy food, plus there are many things that I am going to need to buy, but I will have time to pray, read the Word, and write again. I am thrilled. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment