Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, May 6, 2013

Movie review of "42" by Warner Brothers

My review today is not a book review but of the movie,"42". I was able to attend this movie last week and I thought it was exceptional.

“42” is the inspiring story of the rise of baseball player Jackie Robinson, who, wearing the number 42 on his jersey, challenged segregation in America at a time when baseball was truly America’s pastime. Jackie, played by Chadwick Boseman, is discovered by Brooklyn Dodgers’ manager Branch Rickey (played by Harrison Ford). Robinson is given a chance to play baseball by Rickey. Robinson is also given a choice: accept the challenge of becoming the first African American baseball player on the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team.

This story is one man's struggle to play ball in a world that is filled with hate and violence. I was just a child when he started his career but I do remember how things were back then. I lived in a rural community in Missouri in the sixties and there were two black boys in our high school. They were allowed to play ball but were unable to even speak to the white girls in the school. I remember feeling bad about this situation, my brother played ball with them and was friends with them but I couldn't even talk to them.

The movie showed a love between Jackie and his wife that kept Jackie grounded. Jackie was a man of God and so was Rickey. I loved the way faith was brought up into this film and the Word of God was in evidence.
They don't make a lot of inspiring movies now days so I feel that when they do we should all be out there supporting them. I loved this movie and I hope you will go to see it and show movie producers that we don't want a lot of sex and violence. That movies with good values and morals will sell.

Well God bless you all and have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment