Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

I am just going to write a short post on Memorial Day. I come from a military family, I was brought up to believe that nothing was more important than this nation. My father was in the Air Force, he fought in World War II, Vietnam, and Korea. I wanted to serve my country in the worst way but my father would not let that happen, so I married an Airman. Two of my brothers were in the Navy and served during Desert Storm. My son joined the Air Force when he was but a boy of seventeen. He was in the Special Forces and had several tours in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. He was forced to quit a couple of years ago when he was diagnosed with cancer behind his eye. They stopped the cancer but he lost his sight in that eye. Recently my grandson was in the Marines, he had two tours in Afghanistan. I also have a nephew, several uncles, and cousins that were in the service.

I am proud of my heritage, my family was totally dysfunctional but I am proud of them. We love this land and would do anything to keep it a God fearing nation. I pray for it each and every day. I know God loves us. We are the only nation that came into existence just to serve God. I know that means a lot to God and I also know He is not going to allow us to go down the tubes. He said He would not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if He could find ten good men. I know there are thousands of us who serve God and love this nation. Then there is the scripture that says "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14.

I know a lot of people have given up on our nation but I only have hope for the future. Where sin abounds grace does much more abound. God is good and His mercy endures for ever. God bless you all and don't forget to honor our heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment