Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Friday, January 18, 2013

The Elite of the Weak by Precarious Yates

My book review today is on  the first book of The Revelation Special Ops Series, The Elite of the Weak by Precarious Yates. I had never read any books by Precarious but I loved this one. I can't wait to read the next episode in this series. The research involved in this book is mind blowing.

The book takes place in the future, somewhere between five and twenty-five years from now. The characters come from all walks of life and many different countries. Hadessah Michelman, is only sixteen as  the story begins. Her mother, Eva works as a private detective in New York City but is a former Mossad operative, her father, Asher, is a pastor who specials on the end time. Hadessah has been trained by her mother to work with her. At the beginning of the book she is sent into Africa on a mission trip and is able to find a baby kidnapping ring, she saves sixty babies. Now her only desire is to join the Revelation Special Ops team. A end time group to stop the horrors of human trafficking.

Aaron Cooper, one of the founders R.S.O. calls Eva to tell her that they are accepting Hadessah, even though she is not quite old enough. He agrees to meet them at a restaurant to discuss it. When they meet. he tells them about the kidnapping of Asher and several others in Iraq. Eva leaves a few special gift for her daughter as she sets out to find her husband.

RSO requires at least a year of training. Hadessah finds it is the hardest work she has ever done.Much of the work is in service to others who are poor and needy. Their are several main team members but Hadessah is the youngest and has a hard time feeling like she fits in but is really drawn to another team member, Matthew
Cho, his father has also been kidnapped. The team members, both mail and female are between the age of seventeen and twenty-five. It takes a year and a half before they get to go on their first mission.

I love the scripture content. there is so much good stuff in there. The context is that they are in the end time tribulation and they are struggling to help people get through it. They don't believe in the rapture doctrine but believe we must be ready to go to war. I'm sure that many people will oppose the no rapture theory and I'm not real sure just what I believe as far as the end times. If there is a rapture, I plan to go, if we have to go through the tribulation I am not afraid, I know God will protect me. I did really enjoy the book. I wish I was as dedicated to God as the kids were.

I hope you go out and get the book, you can find it on Amazon. It is a great read. God bless you all and have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment