Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, January 7, 2013

Detection Mission by Margaret Daley

My book review today is on the book Detection Mission, the second book in the Texas K-9 Unit Series by Love Inspired Suspense. I have really enjoyed this series so far. I love the canine units in military and police forces, they do such a great job and get very little recognition for it. Did you guys see their float in the Rose Parade? That was great!

This book picks up on the woman who was found in the Lost Woods in the first story. She comes out of a coma but doesn't know who she is or why she is here. The hospital returns a locket that she had been wearing when she was brought in. The name Heidi was engraved inside so she takes that name.

Lee Calloway and his partner Kipp are the ones who found this woman running for her life in the woods. She had a cut on the forehead and saying she didn't know her name. She was taken to the hospital, she just came out of the coma into a world of danger. After an attempt on her life at the hospital Lee takes her home to the boarding house where he lives, determined he will protect her.

The  police can find nothing about this young woman but there are several attacks on her. Lee and Heidi follow each lead they uncover. Drawn together in faith and in circumstances. They struggle with their feeling as neither of them know anything about her past, can there be a future?

It's an excellent story about finding yourself in God. Blind trust in each other and in God is all He asks of us
all. I love the fact even though she can't remember anything else she remembers her faith in God. I would like to think that would be me if that happened. I once had a serious reaction to a drug the doctor had given me. It caused me to have a seizure. When I came to, I didn't know who I was or where I was. You just can't believe what that does to a person. That was over forty years ago but I still remember it like it was yesterday. This story touched me. I really enjoyed it and I look forward to the next book to find out whats going to happen next in the story.

I pray that you will run out and get a copy of this book. You can get more information on the book at
www.margaretdaley.com. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment