Journey to New Heights

Journey to New Heights
We need a heart for the lost

Monday, January 28, 2013

Defending The Duchess by Rachelle McCalla

My book review today is the first book in the Protecting The Crown Series, by Love Inspired Suspense, Defending The Duchess, written by Rachelle McCalla. Rachelle wrote a series called Reclaiming the Crown that I just loved. I wrote and told her how much I enjoyed it and she told me that she would soon have another series about a lot of the same people, so I have been waiting for it to come out. I was thrilled when I received my copy.

Have you ever had a favorite restaurant that you just loved their food and haven't been back for years. You anticipate how wonderful it was and when you go back it's not like you remembered at all. When I was in high school in Lincoln we would hang out at Valentinos, they made the best pizza in the world. Twenty years later my dad had a heart attack so we went back to Lincoln to their hospital. Valentinos just wasn't the same. Rachelle's book was not like that experience. She left off where the series had ended and went from there. I loved it and I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series. She really has a way of weaving her faith into the story. Way to go Rachelle!

Julia Miller is the sister of the new queen of Lydia. Queen Monica brings her to Lydia and is giving her the title of duchess, hoping it will encourage her to give up her law practice in Seattle. Julia is shocked by the way her beloved sister looks. It is obvious Monica's health is failing. Julia's sole goal is to relieve the stress from her sister and help her with her new life. but someone has other plans for her. The first night of her arrival she goes out jogging by slipping away from her guard only to be attacked on the beach.

Linus Murati is a member of the royal guard and he is assigned care of the beautiful sister of his queen. When Julia slips away and he sees her leaving the safety of the palace, he calls for back up and follows her through the streets. He hasn't quite reached her when she is grabbed by a masked man and taken into the rocks. Linus is able to free Julia and it soon becomes obvious that this was not a random attack. Remembering things that weren't quite right back home Linus goes back to Seattle with Julia to find out who is after her.

It is a fast paced book, one you don't want to set down. It was very well written and very humorous in places. I enjoyed it very much and I know you will to. I think you should go out and get a copy of this book you will love it. You can find out more about the book at www.rachellemccalla.com. God bless you see you Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment